World leaders, change-makers, activists and celebrities take center stage at UN Women’s HeForShe event hosted at the MoMA In New York City to mark the second anniversary of the HeForShe movement
To mark the second anniversary of UN Women’s HeForShe Initiative, IMPACT 10x10x10 Champions: His Excellency Sauli Niinistö, President of Finland; Bob Moritz, Chairman, PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited; and Samuel L. Stanley Jr, President of Stony Brook University, will host an evening reception at the Museum of Modern Art, bringing together world leaders, change-makers, activists and celebrities at the forefront of the HeForShe movement. Since September 2014, more than 1.3 million boys and men have joined HeForShe, a solidarity movement for gender equality.
The evening reception will be held the same day as the launch of the first HeForShe IMPACT 10x10x10 University Parity report, which is the first progress report since 10 global universities publicly announced bold commitments to achieve gender parity by 2020.
WHEN: Tuesday September 20th 2016 @ 7:00 p.m.
WHERE: Museum of Modern Art, New York, NY 10019, USA
- His Excellency, Sauli Niinistö, President of Finland
- His Excellency, Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan
- His Excellency, Peter Mutharika, President of Malawi
- Bob Moritz, Chairman, PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited
- Samuel L. Stanley Jr, President, Stony Brook University
- Peter Thomson, President of the United Nations General Assembly
- Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka, Under Secretary-General and Executive Director of UN Women
- Emma Watson, British Actor and UN Women Global Goodwill Ambassador
- Edgar Ramirez, Actor
- Chirlane McCray, First Lady of New York City
- Trevor Noah, Host of The Daily Show
Media wishing to attend the event should RSVP by 13 September to: abigail.somma[at]unwomen.org
Photos from the events will be available at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/heforshe/
Join the conversation: Follow @HeForShe on Twitter and share your messages using #HeForShe #TurnsTwo #MoMA
About UN Women
UN Women is the UN entity dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women. A global champion for women and girls, UN Women was established to accelerate progress on meeting their needs worldwide. For more information, visit www.unwomen.org
About UN Women HeForShe
Created by UN Women, the HeForShe solidarity movement for gender equality provides a systematic approach and targeted platform on which men and boys can engage and become change agents towards the achievement of gender equality. HeForShe invites men and boys to build on the work of the women’s movement as equal partners, crafting and implementing a shared vision of gender equality that will benefit all of humanity.
Calvin Klein Inc, is a Title Sponsor of the HeForShe Initiative. For more information, visit: www.HeForShe.org